Night guards are custom dental appliances that we provide to prevent bruxism (night-time teeth grinding). When left untreated, bruxism can cause significant damage and decay to the teeth. Dr. Narinder Mahal can provide a custom night guard to create a barrier between the upper teeth and the lower teeth, effectively reducing the effects of bruxism and the possibility of costly dental procedures in the future. For more information about night guards for teeth grinding in Sacramento, California, or to schedule your appointment with our dentist, please call Land Park Dental at (916) 469-0100 today.
A night guard is a special type of mouth guard that is used to treat bruxism, or teeth grinding and clenching. If our dentist suspects that you suffer from bruxism, we may recommend a night guard to protect your teeth from damage and prevent teeth grinding while you sleep. Many people who suffer from bruxism are unaware of the condition because it occurs while they sleep. Common signs of nighttime teeth clenching and grinding include:
- Chronic jaw pain, facial pain, and ear pain
- Awakening with a tired or tight feeling in the jaw
- Frequent tension headaches and migraines
- Excessive tooth wear, leading to chipped, flattened, cracked, or very worn teeth
- Extremely worn tooth enamel, exposing the inner layers of the tooth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Increased tooth sensitivity
fit your smile comfortably and effectively, allowing you to sleep peacefully while protecting your smile. We invite you to contact us today to learn more about night guards and how we can prevent teeth grinding. We are dedicated to providing the best possible care for your smile.